A winter wonder to wow all the family!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4
400 gm pasta of choice
Olive oil and a knob of butter
An onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic finely sliced
200ml chicken or vegetable stock
200 gm of spinach uncooked
3 tbsp of crème fraîche
100 gm soft goats cheese
Tsp of chilli flakes
A handful of basil leaves torn
2 tbsp of chopped walnuts
- Put your pasta on to cook.
- Heat a little olive oil and the butter in a large frying pan or wok
- Add the onion and sauté gently until softened then add the garlic. Fry for a minute. Pour in the stock .
- Add the spinach and cook for a minute, then add the crème fraîche and stir in. Season with black pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the creamy mixture. Crumble in the goats cheese.
- Add the chilli flakes and the torn basil leaves, then the walnuts. Stir gently.
- Check for seasoning.
A fabulous dish for late autumn and you can play about with it as you wish. Use different greens – maybe rocket – maybe savoy cabbage finely shredded or even crumbled broccoli. You could use pine nuts too. Tis up to you!
But you MUST try it!